From Motion Composites
The APEX wheelchair, the lightest in its class, features an innovative design and state-of-the-art components. See how this wheelchair is nimble and responsive and adjusts to your life. View more
- In Stock
Motion Composites believes in empowering wheelchair users. How? By giving them the fit, freedom and mobility that’s rewriting the book on what’s possible. We use the world’s most advanced technologies to enhance people’s lives with every single push. Take the new APEX. Our cutting-edge carbon fiber technology delivers an ultralight design of unrivaled strength and durability. With its superior fatigue resistance, extreme temperature tolerances and vibration damping, carbon fiber is one of the strongest yet lightest materials on earth. The ultimate wheelchair material. The APEX redefines how the world thinks about wheelchairs. With a transport weight of just 9.2 lbs*., (4.2 kg), the revolutionary design gives you the lightest, fully adjustable rigid chair in its class. Once again, Motion Composites surpasses every expectation for performance, adjustability, weight and quality.
This wheelchair is available in different colors such as: Black, White, Ferrari Red, Acid Green, Fuchsia, Sky Blue, Sunkissed Orange.
- The Lightest Wheelchair in its Class - With a transport weight of just 9.8 lb* (4.5 kg), the APEX obliterates every preconceived idea about rigid chairs. It’s fully configurable to meet the needs of just about every client, and performs like a carbon fiber purebred.
- Head-turning Design - From the innovative components and accessories to the integrated impact guard and rigidizing system to the advanced design, it is revolutionary. The APEX from Motion Composites. Welcome to a new era in rigid chair design and performance.
- Shed the Weight, Up the Performance - Available in carbon or aluminum frame, the APEX cantilever design is constructed using the industry’s most advanced materials. Plus, the APEX represents not just low frame weight. It’s also the lightest configured adjustable chair in the industry. A fully configured APEX Carbon weighs just 17.3 lb (7.9 kg).
- Nimble and Responsive - The unique rear rigidizing bar on the APEX optimizes ride performance. By increasing rear-frame rigidity, we’ve achieved an open design concept that increases lateral stability. Result — flex where and when you want it, and no sacrifice in stability for gains in comfort and ease of transport.
- Sleek Styling - Inspired by modern design and aesthetics, the head-turning lines on the APEX prove once again that form should follow function. We invite you to linger on the APEX’s gentle curves and bold styling. Every design detail delights the eye and excites the senses.
- Adjusts to Your Life - As people change and evolve, so should their wheelchairs. From simple adjustments in back angle, seat and floor height to tunable rear wheel positions and seat width, the APEX is fully modular and adjustable. Plus, its laser-etched markings allow you to more easily adjust key components and specify exact positioning.
|Seat Depth||12" to 20" (30.5 to 50.8 cm)|
|Seat Width||12" to 20" (30.5 to 50.8 cm)|
|Rear Seat-to-Floor Height||14" to 20" (35.6 to 51.0 cm)|
|Back Height||9" to 21" (23.0 to 53.5 cm)|
|Back angle||80° to 101°|
|Wheel Camber||0°, 2°, 4°, 6°, 8°|
|Weight Limit||265lbs (120kg)|
|Overall Width||from +6 1/2 (from +16.5 cm)|
|Armrest Height||8" to 14" (20.3 to 35.6 cm)|
|Gravity Centre||0 to 6" (0 to 12.7 cm)|
|Footrest Angle||70° to 90°; 5° increment|
|Front Seat-to-Floor Height||14" to 21" (35.6 to 53.3 cm)|
- Apex Carbon - High-Modulus Carbon T700 — The lightest and most rigid material available, also renowned for its vibration-damping properties.
- Apex Carbon - Integrated Impact Guard with Top Grip - Prevents daily-use scratches to the front of frame. Adds high friction grip for transfers. Protects vulnerable areas of lower extremities.
- Apex Carbon - Clamped rigidizing system - Patented modular system enhances versatility and rear frame stiffness.
- Apex Carbon - Bubble levels - Built-in gauges make caster and camber adjustment quick and precise.
- Apex Carbon - Standard carbon fiber camber tube - Provides a rigid ride without added weight.
- Apex Carbon - Laser-etched markings - Allow for quick and easy symmetrical adjustments.
- Apex Carbon - Newton Accessories - Parts and accessories designed for enhanced lightness, functionality and awesome style.
- Apex Aluminum - Unique aluminum alloy - Stronger and lighter than the competition’s.
- Apex Aluminum - Triple-butted aluminum - Reduces weight while maintaining strength. We put the weight where it counts!
- Apex Aluminum - Clamped rigidizing system - Patented modular system enhances versatility and rear frame stiffness.
- Apex Aluminum - Bubble levels - Built-in gauges make caster and camber adjustment quick and precise.
- Apex Aluminum - Standard carbon fiber camber tube - Provides a rigid ride without added weight.
- Apex Aluminum - Laser-etched markings - Allow for quick and easy symmetrical adjustments.
- Apex Aluminum - Newton Accessories - Parts and accessories designed for enhanced lightness, functionality and awesome style.
- APEX User Manual - English
- APEX User Manual - Italian
- APEX User Manual - German
- APEX User Name - Dutch
- APEX User Manual - Spanish
- APEX User Manual - Portuguese
- Limited Warranty - Canada - English
- Limited Warranty - USA - English
- Limited Warranty - International - English
- Limited Warranty - International - Dutch
- Limited Warranty - International - German
- Limited Warranty - International - Italian
- Limited Warranty - International - Spanish
- APEX ALU - Brochure
- APEX C - Brochure
There are no reviews written for this product at the time. Maybe you can be the first!